Why is it worth ensuring the shortest possible website load time? Sites that present their content quickly are the most popular with internet users, resulting in increased sales, for example. In addition, Google favors such domains, which is why it rewards them with higher rankings. So how do you improve the speed of your site( improve website speed )?
Page speed – how to check it?
Many internet users expect the site to load very quickly, that is, within 2-3 seconds. This is why it is so important to respond to the key needs of potential customers. When your website takes 5 seconds or longer to load, it is highly likely that the Internet user will simply have time to navigate to another domain before being shown your content.
Don’t know how long it takes for your site to load? Of course, you can run it in a search engine and start a timer, but there are simpler and more accurate ways. Use the Google tool for this -> https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/.
Moreover, after analyzing the site, the tool suggests what needs to be done to improve the current state.
What affects the speed of a website?
- Server speed ( we advise you to rent a server here);
- Page size:
- css styles;
- the size of the graphics;
- number of scripts per page (animations and sliders);
- Page rendering speed.
Website speed and SEO
The Google search engine makes sure that users enter the phrases they are interested in and receive only the best answers. This means there are pages with good, useful content, well-designed sites with clear navigation, UX-compatible and fast loading sites. Website speed has been a factor in Google’s ranking for several years. This may not be critical, but it certainly cannot be ignored.
Challenges: Website usability, sitemap, graphics, and speed will no doubt be of increasing importance in SEO. Very long download page positions may be underestimated by Google. Users do not like to wait, and if Internet users do not like it, then such websites are at odds with Google’s assumptions. Fast loading + responsive website are the basics of SEO in today’s world when time is of the essence.
A few tips for the webmaster
What is really slowing down the site? Many things. If you are making your site as effective as possible, rather than useful, you are definitely trying to put fireworks on it. And it slows down any site. Here are our tips:
- Make your HTML smaller. Remove unnecessary elements from your HTML code such as spaces, comments, etc. Keep your code as structured as possible. This is not a laptop!
- The correct order of loading items. Make sure the top of the page is listed first in the page code. Use the Google Search Console tool for this. With the information, you will correct the code so that important data is displayed at the specified time.
- Compress CSS style file. As with compressing HTML, this also applies to removing unnecessary spaces, comments, extra spaces, line breaks, and indentation from the CSS file.
- Optimize your images. Here it is worth using, for example, Photoshop to reduce graphics. You can also use programs: scriptjpg, scriptpng.
- Take care of responsiveness. To make your site as user-friendly as possible, make sure it is visible on all mobile devices.
- Reduce the server response time to the request. Making the above changes will most likely fix this problem. If not, change the server to a faster one.
For More Tips And Tricks