Users of smartphones and tablets with Android OS, for the most part, use one of two popular solutions for navigation – these are Maps from Yandex or Google. Directly in this article we will talk about Google Maps, namely, how to track the location of an Android phone through Google.
Checking Location History on Google
In order to get an answer to the question: “Where was I at one time, date or day?”, You can use both computer or laptop, and a mobile. In the first case, you will need to turn to a web browser for help, in the second – to a proprietary application.
Option 1: Mobile application
You can get detailed knowledge about the timeline using Google Maps form Android smartphone. But this can only be done if the application initially had access to your location (set during the first launch or installation, depending on the OS version).
- After launching the application, open its side menu. You can do this by tapping on three horizontal stripes or by swiping from left to right.
- Select “Chronology” from the list .
- If you are visiting this section for the first time, you may see a window “Your chronology” , in which you need to tap on the button “Start” .
- The map will show your movements for the day.
By tapping on the calendar icon, you can select the day, month, and year for which you want to know your location information.
Like Google Maps in the browser, you can also view recently visited places in the mobile app.
To do this, in the menu, select the items “Your places” – “Visited” in sequence .
Changing data in the chronology is also possible. Locate the place with incorrect information, tap on it, select Edit , and then enter the correct information.
Option 2: Browser on PC
To solve our problem, any web browser will do. In our example, Google Chrome will be used .
Google Maps online service
- Follow the link above. If required, log in by entering your login (email) and password from the same Google account that you use on your smartphone or tablet. Open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- In the drop-down list, select “Chronology” .
- Specify the period for which you want to view location history. You can specify the day, month, year.
- All your movements will be shown on the map, which can be scaled using the mouse wheel and moved by left-clicking (LMB) and dragging in the desired direction.
If you want to see on the map those places that you have visited recently, by opening the Google Maps menu, select items in turn “My places” – “Visited places” .
If you notice an error in the chronology of your movements, it can be easily corrected by following these steps.
- Choose the place on the map that is indicated incorrectly.
- Click on the down arrow.
- Now select the correct location, if necessary, you can use the search.
Tip: To change the date you visited a particular place, simply click on it and enter the correct value.
This is how easy it is to view your location history on Google Maps using your web browser and computer. And yet, many prefer to do it from their phone.
The location history on Google Maps can be viewed both on a computer using any convenient browser, and on an Android device. However, it should be noted that the implementation of both options is possible only if the mobile application initially had access to the necessary information.